Pages

Friday 2 September 2016

Procrastinating Donkey has a Lazy Friday

"Lazy Friday" refers to the content of today's post. I procrastinated writing until it was time to panic; then proceeded to read everything I've written in the past (not for the blog) and decided there was nothing appropriate, thereby killing two hours and still being post-less .

However, being stubborn I want to keep to my posting schedule.

Therefore, the Procrastinating Donkey leaves you with this, and hope it is at least as good as boxed pasta dinner (you know, cheap but filling, and will do until the next meal):

INNER PEACE

Honestly? I don't remember where I borrowed this from. Might have been the internet. Might have been an email. If anyone knows the source, I'd be happy to credit it properly.

More Inner Peace! ... oops, I meant Dinner Peas ... that's very different ... (image courtesy of Pixabay)



Writer's block ... how do you break through it?


12 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

If I have nothing to write about, I don't. Unlike the last few days where I have been too busy to put together the post I have scattered here and there, in bits.

jenny_o said...

I thought about writing as and when I was motivated, but being a procrastinator I knew that would mean I never wrote. It mostly hasn't been an issue, but this was a quiet week. Looking forward to your post, whenever it may be :)

dinthebeast said...

Valiuminun? Only if the nun consents and her doctor says it's OK...

-Doug in Oakland

Elephant's Child said...

Big smiles at Inner Peas.
And your post.
I hope your weekend is full of peace and/or acceptable substitutes.

jenny_o said...

Doug: Hah! Good eye :)

jenny_o said...

Thanks, EC - and the same back to you.

Mr. Shife said...

Keep writing. The trick that I always used was to set a timer for 5-10 minutes and just write whatever comes to mind. Nowadays I seem to do better when I take the basset for a walk. Somehow that furball brings some peace of mind and the creativity flows. Good luck. I need to go as it appears I need to take care of my inner peace. =)

jenny_o said...

Haha!

Going for a walk often works for me, too. I wish I could do that right now but my hip is not in agreement. Inner war, you might even call it :)

LL Cool Joe said...

I find I can't write posts when I'm not busy. There are too many thoughts rushing through my head, but when I'm busy I feel more focused, but then of course I don't have the time to write. Sigh.

jenny_o said...

That does create a problem. Time is often a factor for me as well.

Chicken said...

Ha-that looks like a Facebook post to me! I used to have a client who consulted with companies on creativity. One of the things they would do is bring in piles and piles of magazines-all different sorts-and then they would have people take 4 or 5 magazines, give them 15 minutes or so to flip through them, and then brainstorm ideas-whether for writing, making things, telling a story, creating an interior or whatever. I've done that a couple of times when I've had access to bunches of magazines. Also, sometimes I'll read a bunch of random blogs and sometimes it will spur a memory or an idea.. You are great in your consistency. I need to break through my lack of consistency!

jenny_o said...

Great ideas, Chicken - thank you! I've tried using the lists of topics that you can find on the internet, but that hasn't worked for me. I think reading randomly is a better idea for the way my mind works.