Pages

Monday 21 August 2017

This Meeting Has Been Postponed

It's Poetry Monday, with the theme of "meetings" ... but I have had a weekend of meetings that have left me brain dead and tired: meetings with stores where certain items had to be purchased; meetings with the mop, broom, cleaner, etc. to get ready for company; meetings with said company (a dear relative, which was the bright spot of the weekend); and meetings with the pavement - no, not by falling, rather by feet hitting the pavement for a daily walk. All in all, I'm pooped by all these meetings.

So ... my Poetry Monday will be delayed by a day.

Just so your click on this post wasn't a complete loss, there's this, which is a pretty good description of many days in my life:




Some day I plan to change that.

But not just yet. I need the exercise.

See you tomorrow :)


20 comments:

37paddington said...

Rest up dear Jenny. You've earned some time to restore and recharge.

Elephant's Child said...

I am chronically early - and also seriously unfit.
Take care of yourself - and I look forward to meeting with you tomorrow.

River said...

Ha Ha, I suppose that's as good a way as any to keep fit. I've only been late a few times in my life, and that's always because my bus was late.

only slightly confused said...

Sometimes we are just too tired to meet.

Steve Reed said...

That's looking on the bright side! :)

Janie Junebug said...

Take good care of yourself. See you tomorrow.

Love,
Janie

dinthebeast said...

Blame it on the eclipse, I won't tell anyone.

-Doug in Oakland

jenny_o said...

First I need to catch up :)

jenny_o said...

You would get on well with my husband :)

jenny_o said...

Lateness is one of my worst flaws! And I am married to someone on the other end of the scale ...

jenny_o said...

I actually started two different poems and my head just wouldn't keep on working ...

jenny_o said...

Hah!

jenny_o said...

Thanks, JJ :)

jenny_o said...

Deal :)

Martha said...

Time to recharge those overused batteries :)

e said...

Time for a bit of relaxation and maybe a cup of tea?

jenny_o said...

A good sleep and I was back to what passes for normal :)

jenny_o said...

Hot milk is my drink of choice, and I believe I went and had a cup after I published this post :) My brain had given up!

LL Cool Joe said...

So you posted late and I arrived here even later. :D

jenny_o said...

We're in good company, then :)