Tuesday, 29 March 2016

A Donkey and A Blog

Once upon a time, I thought I'd never have a blog.

In 2011, I set up a Google account under the name jenny_o so I could comment more easily on other people's blogs, and with the account came the option to start a blog - but commenting was all I wanted to do - or had the time for - then.

But over the years, the thought of writing kept nagging at the back of my mind ... and some nice people encouraged me ... and then somehow I was seriously considering it ... and then I was thinking up a name for "my blog" (how did that happen again?) ... and opening the Blogger Dashboard ... and ticking some choices ...

And here I am - Procrastinating Donkey.

"Procrastinating" because it's one of my less lovely but well-known attributes in real life. And maybe it will serve as a warning that posts may not be regular. And "Donkey" because a jenny is a she-donkey, and I do have a soft spot for donkeys (and share their tendency to be stubborn, which is really more of a refusal to enter into something we know is beyond our capability. Or just contrariness. Some days it's not clear.) 

Like a donkey, I am short and kind of round. Unlike a donkey, I like to make stuff, read, and eat chocolate. I'm hoping that I'll learn some new things here.

Welcome!

This is not me. But it's short, round, and a donkey. And free.
Thank you, public domain photos.







15 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo. I am so very happy that you have taken the plunge.
    Off to read your next post.
    And I am tall and round. And more stubborn than stains. But also a procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elephant's Child - and I KNEW we had a lot in common but I didn't know it was those things!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the party! Off ti read your other posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, 37paddington. It really does feel like a party, with wonderful guests.

      Delete
  3. So happy to welcome you the the blogosphere, my friend! I like donkeys, too. they so lovely and . . . furry! Oh, and they'll definitely eat chocolate if its offered. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! I didn't know donkeys would eat chocolate. I wondered about that when I wrote it. Maybe more research would have been a good idea!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jono. Here I am. Dazed but smiling!

      Delete
  5. This is wonderful! It's a half-hour into April 1 here, I'm listening to two owls hooting over our house, and you've begun a blog --a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Geo. - and I'm glad you found your way here!

      Delete
  6. Yay!!! You're here!!! You are a brilliant addition. Welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chickie! I'm glad you came to the party :)

      Delete
    2. I would not miss this party for the world

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled.